We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace of Pena or Palace of Sintra or Quinta da Regaleira

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Palace of Pena or Palace of Sintra or Quinta da Regaleira

Hi,

We only have one day in Sinatra and were wondering what would you guys recommend doing - we were planning on doing two of the below three options

Palace of Pena

or

Palace of Sintra

or

Quinta da Regaleira?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mya

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Palace of Pena or Palace of Sintra or Quinta da Regaleira

What everyone else said.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Palace of Pena or Palace of Sintra or Quinta da Regaleira

Of those Pena palace and Quinta da Regaleira (although my favorite is Monserratt, gorgeous romantic grounds and beautifull palace.)

However do consider that of the 3 Sintra palaces you mention Sintra Palace (Palácio da Vila) it is the one in the centre of the village and near the train station, also the only one without garderns/grounds/parks moreover it is by far the older and with more historic meaning (thus gets more mentioned in the guides) so its quiet easy within a full day visit to pop up for a quick visit.

london
Level Contributor
17 posts
568 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Palace of Pena or Palace of Sintra or Quinta da Regaleira

Definitely pena palace first spectacular follwed by regaleira

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Palace of Pena or Palace of Sintra or Quinta da Regaleira

I agree with many others, I had my 1st visit to Sintra the middle of this month.

I believe everyone should have a look at Pena Palace, I walked down to Valley of the Lake which I also found delightful.

Quinta da Regaleira is a wonderful compliment to Pena, it is completely different and has all kinds of treasures to find on the grounds.

I also loved Monserrate.

15. Re: Palace of Pena or Palace of Sintra or Quinta da Regaleira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sintra