We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When in Sintra

kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
When in Sintra

Hi

When we are in Sintra for the day, is there a bus or tourist train that goes around to all the main sites.

We are going to get there by car by 9am we hope and park somewhere for the day than . Any ideas also where is the best location to park for the day.

Thanks

Kim

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When in Sintra

Parking near railway station shouldn't be a problem. The circular 434 bus leaves from there and goes around to all the main sites.. For 5 euro you have a day pass and can hop on and off.

Hope this helps.

kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When in Sintra

Thanks it does

Kim

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
281 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When in Sintra

Hi everyone. I'm in Lisbon and plan to do a day trip to Sintra. I'm near Rossia Square so am close to the train station. Is it simple enough to do the trip on my own, without a guide or tour? I appreciate the historical info I get with a guide but I want to choose my itinerary. I'm on my 3rd week of travel and I'm all out of energy at this point so am considering leaving the thinking to a tour guide.

Thanks

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When in Sintra

Brown_locks - Not sure which attractions you were hoping to visit in Sintra. I've researched the main 3 for our upcoming visit.

There are guided tours offered at the Moorish Castle (5E) and Pena Palace (16E). There is also a discounted ticket for both attractions. There didn't seem to be a guided tour offered for the National Palace.

We are visiting Sintra from Cascais (will take the local bus to and from) and plan to walk/use the 434 bus between attractions enjoying the scenery. We will be taking the guided tours at the Moorish Castle (1 hour) and the Pena Palace (1 1/2 hours). We will also visit the National Paace and then wander around central Sintra.

Enjoy!

Edited: 8:17 am, April 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
281 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When in Sintra

Thanks TravelBugMississauga! Now that I've rested a bit, taking the train then the 434 doesn't seem like a big deal and I really like the guided tours idea once at the sites.

Happy travels!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When in Sintra

Hi !

We will be in Cascais May 20th..and plan to do the same for Sintra!

Did you take bus 403 from Cascais?. Was it a nice scenic route? Can you let me know cost?

Then did you get a day pass for #434 in Sintra..and any deals on entrance fee into Pena and Moorish castle et al?

Any help/suggestion is appreciated!

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When in Sintra

Eddie - You can buy a 10E daily pass for the bus which will get you to and from Sintra and around Sintra on the 434. This would also allow you to stop at Cabo da Roca.

There's a 16E discounted combo ticket for entrance into the Pena Palace and Moorish Castle.

Enjoy!

dublin
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When in Sintra

can I ask how long is the bus journey from Cascais to Sintra??

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When in Sintra

The details of our travel to and from Sintra is in my recent trip report.

The ride there on the 417 took approximately an hour. The ride home on the 403 took about 15-20 minutes longer.

My report has details of which ticket we bought for the bus, cost, where to buy, etc.

Enjoy!

10. Re: When in Sintra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sintra