We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport and buspasses in Sintra and surroundings

Norway
Level Contributor
20 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport and buspasses in Sintra and surroundings

We are going back to Sintra and I wonder if someone knows if you can buy some kind of buspasses, or if you have to pay for each oand one trip on the different buses? I went in to the Scotturb webiste but don`t understand it all, and when I sent them a mail and asked it was a bit difficult understanding the answer. As I understood it we would have to buy single tickets on the bus?

Would be handy if we can buy some kind of pass or tickets beforehgand as we are staying for 3 weeks.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
18,183 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport and buspasses in Sintra and surroundings

Scotturb site is confunsing and, has far as I can understand it, they only have the monthly passes (for these you have to fill a form, give a photo and ID documents and wait some days to be issued).

If you are going to go to and from Sintra several times on the same bus there's an individual "advance sale ticket" with 8 trips, but it has 4 different prices according to the milleage area covered (you´ll have to ask when buying it). There's the Villa Express tickets for bus 435 that takes you from the station to the 4 palaces (Palácio da Vila, Regaleira, Seteais and Monserrate) and it costs 2€, it's hop on hop off from Sintra to Monserrate but one way on return. Hope that it helps a bit.

Here's a site about Sintra sintraromantica.net/index.php/en/itineraries

Norway
Level Contributor
20 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport and buspasses in Sintra and surroundings

Thanks 64novpt.

The site was confusing yeah, and using gogletranslator didn`t really help. Getting the "advance sale ticket" was a good idea, I thought it was a bit confusing with the buses last time we went to Sintra and therefore would look into it before we go back.

3. Re: Public transport and buspasses in Sintra and surroundings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sintra