We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sintra or Lisbon for romantic trip to celebrate my 30th?

Which Sintra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sintra or Lisbon for romantic trip to celebrate my 30th?

My husband is bringing me to Lisbon for 3 nights in April to celebrate my 30th-having looked on the Lisbon forum a couple of posters recommended Sintra? What I would like for the trip is romance, nice bars and restaurants and a glamourous hotel with plenty of old style grandeur!

Would Lisbon or Sintra suit my requirements better? Can you recomment some hotels my husbands budget is 150 per night,having looked at Lisbon the hotels I liked eg Pestana Palace are away over budget:(

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sintra or Lisbon for romantic trip to celebrate my 30th?

IMO Sintra is more romantic. It's a small town, though and there isn't a lot to do at night in terms of bars/restaurants.

Lawrence's Hotel and B&B Casa Miradouro should suit your requirements.

You can easily daytrip to Lisbon by direct train.

Dublin
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sintra or Lisbon for romantic trip to celebrate my 30th?

Thanks a million-Lawerences Hotel looks fantastic andjust what we are looking for,old worlde romance!! Is there enough to do in Sintra for 3 days-yes we will take in a trip to Lisbon. In the evening we like romantic restaurants and wine/cocktail bars is there alot of choice in Sintra? Can you recommend a special restaurant for my birthday?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17,671 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sintra or Lisbon for romantic trip to celebrate my 30th?

Have you also looked at Palácio de Seteais hotel?

Dublin
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sintra or Lisbon for romantic trip to celebrate my 30th?

We did look at Palacio des Setais to stay in but twice the price of Lawrences however it looked amazing.Do you mean go their for dinner?

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sintra or Lisbon for romantic trip to celebrate my 30th?

There is definitely enough to do for three days if you like castles, palaces, parks and gardens. Check out some info on Quinta da Regaleira and Monserrate.

I think the restaurant at Lawrence's isn't bad from what I saw on the menu (haven't eaten there). We had some good meals at Tulhas in the village. Nothing spectacular, just decent food and good service. Anyway, don't go to Café de Paris which is much overpriced and the food isn't really good.

Tartu
Level Contributor
151 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sintra or Lisbon for romantic trip to celebrate my 30th?

We stayed at Lawrence 5 nights and had dinner there. Good service, mouthwatering food, an extra class wine list and candle light - so romantic, isnt it.

Palácio de Seteais hotel itself is gorgeous, we had lunch there, not so far from Lawrence.

Have a good trip

7. Re: Sintra or Lisbon for romantic trip to celebrate my 30th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 16, 2012