We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sintra and Cabo da Roca from Lisbon

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Sintra and Cabo da Roca from Lisbon

Hello , we are planning a day trip to Sintra and Cabo da Roca during our visit to Lisbon on August 2011. I read there is a train from Lisbon to Sintra and then a bus to Cabo da Roca and then Cascais. But to avoid wasting time, I wonder how much could it be a taxi from Sintra to Cabo da Roca and then to Cascais, then we could take the train to Lisbon.

I worry about the frequency of the buses from Sintra to Cabo da Roca and then Cascais.

Thanks

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sintra and Cabo da Roca from Lisbon

Hello!

found this website for you, hope it helps some...it has the prices...

taxidalinha.com/website/index.php…

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sintra and Cabo da Roca from Lisbon

Since I have taxis in Lisbon, I think you can arrange one that departing from Lisbon, and then visiting Sintra, Cabo da Roca, Cascais and return to Lisbon (4 hours in total) it should cost you around 75€ per car (4 passeng.max.).

If you just pick one from the street, just be sure to make clear what places you want to go, duration and total cost before enter the taxi

USA
Level Contributor
388 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sintra and Cabo da Roca from Lisbon

Hi lisbontaxi,

I don't think one can see much of anything in Sintra, Cabo da Roca, Cascais in 4 hours unless it's a driveby! It would take almost one hr to get to entrance of Pena Palace already from time of leaving Lisbon (drive there, walk up the hill or wait and take trolley bus up) see the castle for 1-2 hrs depending if you want to walk the grounds, go down and stop by Quinta da Regalia (easily 1-2 hrs more), drive to Cabo da Roca, and then Cascais. I did not go to Cabo but that would be a scenic drive. Cascais waterfront is nice but nothing special. I don't think you can appreciate it on just a drive through but this would be enough :). You may have to stay overnight there to appreciate its special flavor. But if you have a car/taxi I would recommend stopping by Monserrat Palace (previous home of Sir Francis Cook). It was like visiting a lost place in a forgotten jungle.

Lisbontaxi, why don't you offer cutro88 a price for taxi for 8 hrs to go where they want? Cutro88, your concern about the "wasting time" is correct. In theory it seems straight forward by bus or train, but when you only have a day to see it all, the waiting game at bus stops etc..seems very inefficient! If you can afford it, get a hired car and driver. Sintra was the highlight of our Lisbon visit.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sintra and Cabo da Roca from Lisbon

Hi midwestanderlust,

My intention was give to Cutro88 an idea of the cost for a 4 hours "tour" to the places mentioned, in order to decide what to choose, and if taxi is choosen, not going with the first one that asks 100€ or more for that time, not offer my services! Most of the times I see people say that taxi is expensive and then they pay around 55€ each person, for half-day in Sintra Cabo da Roca and Estoril on a "organized" Tour.

Of course that 4 hours are not enough to see Sintra, not even 1 day. At least 2 days are necessary. But everything depends on time/money available.

I agree with what you said about Cascais, but it's a way of drive back to Lisbon always by the sea, with a very nice view, instead highway.

Hope that Lisbon/Portugal will be a possible destination on your next vacations!

5. Re: Sintra and Cabo da Roca from Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sintra