We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Digital Camera lost in Sintra

Sassari, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Digital Camera lost in Sintra

In the day 4 of January 2009, around 8.00 PM, me and my wife have lost in Sintra our digital camera.

This digital camera may have been lost in Palácio Nacional de Sintra square,or maybe in some Cafè around that square,or maybe in some street of Centro Histórico.

The digital camera was a 6 mega pixel Samsung in a Polaroid bag.

We are not interested in getting the digital camera, but the precious things that the digital camera contained:

all the pictures of our honeymoon!!!

Perhaps you may seem a strange request (and I realize that is impossible to find these pictures maybe), but these pictures were very important for us!

Perhaps someone may have found this digital camera.

This is what we hope!

I have already contacted the Tourist Information Offices of Sintra and Lisbon without any results..

Thanks for any information will give us!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Digital Camera lost in Sintra

Hello Matoox,

I sincerley hope you're able to retrieve your priceless photos. You may want to take a look at this site:

http://www.ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/

It's a great blog for reuniting people with their lost cameras and/or memory cards. Good luck!

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Digital Camera lost in Sintra

Have you thought of contacting the local newspaper? I presume Sintra has one. It's one of those emotional stories that may be of interest to them and their readers. A long shot but has to be worthwhile.

Best of luck.

3. Re: Digital Camera lost in Sintra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:34 am, January 10, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Digital Camera lost in Sintra

I'm sorry that you thought my suggestion was odd.. but the blog does have success in matching people up with their lost cameras and memory cards.

I'm NOT affiliated with it in any way but I've been following it for some time. Here are some success stories..

…blogspot.com/search/label/Website%20Success

Regarding the psychologist comment; I'll leave that alone.. my understanding is that these forums are for helping people and not making ridiculous comments such as yours. I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Digital Camera lost in Sintra

Myrtle made a valid suggestion and I personally feel the psychologist comment was inappropriate. There is no need to make comments of this nature, Myrtle was only trying to help.

I hope Matoox takes up Myrtle’s suggestions, finds the camera and shares the success story on trip advisor!

Sassari, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Digital Camera lost in Sintra

Myrtle..thanks a lot for your suggestion!

I will try to follow the suggestion you have given me and I hope that something magical and miraculous can happen!

Thanks also to MoreCheeseGromit?.I will try also to contact some local newspaper in Sintra if Sintra has one.

And thanks to Welshtraveller111 for the support.

Me and my wife we hope to be able to give you good news!

Thanks again to all

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Digital Camera lost in Sintra

The suggested site is a "blog" and a tiny one at that. Even in the unlikely event that someone would be searching for it, the chances of it coming up on a recognised search engine is akin to trying to find a needle in a million haystacks. Similarly.

If you look at the blog it has little more than one hundred photos, many taken from the same cameras; these having been either lost or stolen across the globe. Add to this the simple fact that anyone finding or stealing the camera actually cares or has internet access, the probability of finding the photos or camera through this site would be nothing short of miraculous.

A local betting shop would probably give you better odds on an alien knocking on your front door wearing a pink hat singing the national anthem.

However, tracing your steps to the area where the camera was first lost and using a bit of logic reduces these odds dramatically. Logical thinking goes a long way.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Digital Camera lost in Sintra

I should say, before anyone jumps to conclusions that this a general observation and NOT aimed at the original poster whom I only wish to help.

Trying local police stations is also an option.

9. Re: Digital Camera lost in Sintra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sintra