We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good-value car hire service in and around the Lisbon area for travelling to and from Palmela Village?

We're flying directly into Lisbon so somewhere close to the airport would be ideal.

Got a few quotes of price comparion websites but having never been to the area before we are unsure of whats reasonable to pay.

Thanks in advance,

Angela & Gareth

westmeath
Level Contributor
5 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire

hi belfast lady cars seem to be not cheap in lisbon expect apprx 40 -50 euro per day peugeot 307/ford focus in high season or 35 per day clio/polo in high season eg june july aug sept rates seem to fall by about 50% other times off the year last time we used economycarrentals.com whose rep meets you by the vodaphone shop in the airport we had no prob with them at all. avoid alamo/europcar/national they have scammed me with imaginary damage to car and took it from my credit card [oldest scam in the book no rep to check the car in bill your credit card a week later for ficticious scratch].. hope this helps regards.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire

I am going to Lisbon in 3 weeks, and have already rented a car for our stay. I did a great deal of research on this, and the best deal I got was with SIXT. There regular price was on par with most others, but they had a very attractive deal which I took, which involves paying the price up front. In other words, I have already paid for my rental, and all I need to do is turn up. The only risk is that you have no cancellation clause, so if you have to cancel your trip, you have no recourse. If you are confident on making the trip, I say go for it.

3. Re: Car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 27, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Palmela