We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to bring home from Lisbon?

United States
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to bring home from Lisbon?

I would like a list of things that I should definitly buy when I'm in Lisbon... already planning on purchasing lots of wine and ceramic goods :)

What else is Portugal known for?

What are things unique to Portugal that will be hard for me to find back in the U.S.?

What are things that I should buy in Portugal because to get it back in the U.S. would be a fortune? (for example, buy fine teas in China to avoid the mark up back in the U.S.!)

What are some of the designers that are unique to Portugal? (for example, you can only find the very popular Abercrombie and Fitch stores in the U.S.)

Suggestions such as the following would be greatly appreciated

-I heard that the most famous bathroom towel maker is a Portuguese company called Abyss... (heard this from Departures Magazine)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to bring home from Lisbon?

Portuguese is known for their linen as well as crystal (esp. Atlantis - u got to get a local to pronounce this for u coz it doesnt read as it is spelled, it sounds more like at-lan-tish).

Btw, it is also a great place for antiques (due to her history of being a conqueror and wide trading, the people had brought back an abundance of foreign goods which in modern times been discarded and ended up in antique shops all around town) but u need time to browse around.

Good luck and happy hunting !

2. Re: What to bring home from Lisbon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, August 20, 2009