We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon in an afternoon

xxx
Level Contributor
21 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Lisbon in an afternoon

Sorry there are lots of information about 1.5-2.5 days stays in Lisbon but for only one afternoon (about 5hours)? We thought to take a taxi to and from airport (about EUR10 each way) (leaving suitcases in left luggage at the aiport which I have already investigated) and then take tram #28 and also see the Castle as a priority number 1? A lot of the forums talk about seeing the view and walking around the squares but unfortunately this trip we do not have time. Any feedback about where the taxi should leave us to maximise our afternoon or what we could see in the very limited time would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon in an afternoon

hello goingshopping,

here is my suggested tour for your 5h journey:

take a cab from airport to LARGO MARTIM MONIZ

departure: Praça do Aeroporto / Rotunda do Relógio (0.1km)

At the roundabout, Praça do Aeroporto, take the 3rd exit

Continue along: Avenida Almirante Gago Coutinho (2.5km)

At the roundabout, Praça Francisco Sá Carneiro, take the 3rd exit

Continue along: Avenida Almirante Reis (2.5km)

TakeRua da Palma (0.5km)

destination: LARGO MARTIM MONIZ

time: 10-15mins

distance: 5.5 kms

here you take the tram #28 (first station)

tram #28 suggested attractions:

-----------------------------

leave in station MIRADOURO STA LUZIA to go to the castle.enjoy the wonderful city view.

leave tram at CHIADO and take a cofee in CAFE NICOLA at RUA GARRETT

leave tram at STA CATARINA and go to MIRADOURO DE STA CATARINA (sightseeing).

in this station also consider a walk in BAIRRO ALTO,a typical portuguese neighbourhood with narrow streets,

traditional shops and portuguese food restaurants.

leave tram at ESTRELA and visit the church and also take a nice walk in the garden.

xxx
Level Contributor
21 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon in an afternoon

Thankyou very much for your information (personally I think the best part is that you have also given me places to stop for a coffee and hopefully a lovely pastry!) Fabulous. Thankyou.

3. Re: Lisbon in an afternoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 19, 2009