We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains in Portugal.

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trains in Portugal.

Hi, I booked a train from faro to lisbon a few weeks ago when I didn't know where my accommodation was. Now I've got my accommodation and I've realised that the nearest station is in Tunes.

Would I be able to catch the train in Tunes rather than going to faro and still be able to have my booked seat? Does everyone who gets the train have to have their own seat or could someone standing grab mine if I wasn't there? (The seats in 1st class if that changes things)

Thanks,

Dom.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,118 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains in Portugal.

You can just get the train in Tunes and your seat will be there.

All seats are allocated.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains in Portugal.

Yes, you can get on in Tunes and your seat (as it is already booked) will be there for you.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains in Portugal.

Thanks both, I'll go from Tunes.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains in Portugal.

Hi Cubsur

Seeing as your the one with all the knowledge I need some advice, I'm travelling from Albufeira upto Lisbon by train, is there staff around to let me know which platform to go from and, where is 1st class located on the train as will be carrying cases.

Many Thanks

Baz

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains in Portugal.

All the Lisbon trains go from platform 1, the same side as the entrance and the ticket office.

Check the carriage number on your ticket.

Intercity (IC) trains

First class is at the right hand end of the train (ie last carriage) as you enter the platform. Go a few yards past the platform café and you will be there or thereabouts. First class is usually either numbered carriage 21 or 81.

Alfa Pendular (AP) trains

There are two first class carriages which are on the LEFT hand ie the front of the train. Carriage number 1 is the very front of the train around about the footbridge.

Don't panic, the train stops for a couple of minutes to allow everyone time to get on board.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trains in Portugal.

Many thanks,

I'm staying at hotel Avenida Palace in Lisbon, which is best station to get off at?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,353 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trains in Portugal.

If you're in one of the trains that goes to Santa Apolónia terminal station then it's just to take the metro (blue line) and exit at Restauradores metro station. If not then at Entrecampos station you have the metro with a change and the Aerobus to Rossio, and at Oriente station the metro with a change.

metrolisboa.pt/eng/…

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trains in Portugal.

If your train stops at Sete Rios, you can go with the blue metro line directly to Restauradores metro station without any change.

9. Re: Trains in Portugal.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 09, 2015