We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choice of hotel in Lisbon

Strathroy
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Choice of hotel in Lisbon

We will be travelling with our kids to Lisbon March 1-3 and are looking to choose from one of the three Holiday Inn Hotels in the city. I have IHG points that I want to use.

While there we plan to take in the popular sites, will not have a car, and will be with kids aged 12, 14, 16.

From a location standpoint it appears the new Holiday Inn Express might be the better location...is that accurate. Are the other two properties to far away from main sites....or would any of the three work from a lodging perspective?

We don't want to be too far away from things.

Thanks

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Choice of hotel in Lisbon

If you can get the Holiday Inn Express (Rua Alexandre Herculano No. 40), you'll be in a good location near the Avenida da Liberdade and you can walk downtown or take the metro.

The Holiday Inn Rua Laura Alves 9 is much further away and you will need to take the metro for sure (from Campo Pequeno). The Holiday Inn Avenida António José de Almeida is more or less in the same area and you need the same metro (a bit further from the hotel).

There's nothing wrong with the neighborhood but not central.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Choice of hotel in Lisbon

Hi,

Holiday In Express in Alexandre Herculano is closest to downtown and you have the metro station in Marques de Pombal. So you should be fine.

The other one in R. Laura Alves is also close a block away from the Metro and also of the Entrecampos Train Station, which very convenient if you plan to go to Sintra.

I think you'll be fine in either.

I would just avoid the one in Av. António José de Almeida as the neighboorhood is less than pleasant in the evening and also closest Metro station is somewhat far away.

cheers,

miguel

3. Re: Choice of hotel in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 09, 2015