We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distinctive Contemporary Churches

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Distinctive Contemporary Churches

I know that Portugal has many fine old churches, which I plan to visit, but can you tell me of any wonderful contemporary churches in the Lisbon area? I will also be visiting Evora, Sinrta, Peniche, Obidios, Nazare and Alcobaca. Thank you for any suggestions.

Paintedpony

Lisbon, Portugal
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Distinctive Contemporary Churches

Hi!

I was born in Caldas da Rainha, near Obidos and Peniche and I know those areas quite well.

If you're looking for some contemporary churches in Peniche and Obidos I must warn you it will be a difficult task. Most churches are medieval or from the baroque period or from late 18th-19th centuries when located in towns. Outside Peniche or Obidos you may find some new churches in the small villages that surround these areas. In the area of Peniche you will find some small villages - whose parishes have enlarged within the years, and consequently needed bigger churches - with more recently built churches. It is best to ask in local tourism offices for directions.

hope you have a nice journey here

marisa sousa costa

2. Re: Distinctive Contemporary Churches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 14, 2009