We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Portugal with broken ankle

sydney
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting Portugal with broken ankle

Dear all,

I'm a 43 year old guy and I recently broke my ankle and therefore I can't walk for more than 15-30 min at a time before it starts to hurt. I'm visiting Portugal for 2 weeks in July with my wife and have rented a car and I'm looking for recommendations on things to do which do not involve a lot of walking.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Philippe

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,183 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Portugal with broken ankle

How unfortunate. What are your interests?

www.visitportugal.com

Edited: 11:15 pm, June 17, 2013
sydney
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Portugal with broken ankle

Yep, the real frustrating thing is that I really enjoy hiking and exploring cities and towns on foot. I probably can actually still walk up to 1 hour at a time, so any suggestions for short walks or as we will have a car I was thinking of doing some nice scenic drives. Any suggestions?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,183 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Portugal with broken ankle

See if you get one of these 'disabled' passes for in your car.

There's much to choose from and Portugal is not a small country.

The website I gave you above has various 'ebrochures' which you can find under 'highlights'. Here you can for instance find various itineraries: visitportugal.com/brochures/…Itineraries.html

Have a look which ones you like and come back so at least you've chosen a region and we can expand the itineraries. If you go inland, for instance the Alentejo, the temperatures are quite high in July. …cm-evora.pt/guiaturistico/…itinerary.htm

http://www.visitalentejo.pt/en/

If you plan to come down to the south, the Algarve, high season has started. But having a car you could stay a bit further from the coast (1/2 hr or so) and make scenic drives along the coast and inland.

www.visitalgarve.pt

(under 'downloads' you'll find a booklet 'routes aroud the Algarve)

Up North, the Douro valley, west of Porto: http://www.dourovalley.eu/en/

and so much more.

Do come back once you've chosen a region?

Edited: 4:29 am, June 18, 2013
4. Re: Visiting Portugal with broken ankle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 20, 2014