We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alfama Market

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Alfama Market

Hello - we are going to Lisbon June 15-29, 2013 and have heard there are som authentic markets in the Alfama regions - can someone advise - looking at days/times/location. Many thanks!!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,353 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alfama Market

I suppose that you're referring to the flea market "Feira da Ladra" - golisbon.com/sight-seeing/feira-da-ladra.html

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alfama Market

We are looking for authentic markets that the locals go to - fish/local produce/breads etc. - going off the beaten track. We had heard there were some in the Alfma region in the early mornings - thanks for you tips of Feira da Ladra!

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alfama Market

64novpt - Is the Feira da Ladra worth a visit? I've not read very positive things about it. Is it more "flea" than local market?

Thanks

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,353 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alfama Market

Feira da Ladra - It's a flea market, it's worth if you like those kind of things (I don't like it, but from time to time I go there because my mother likes it...).

Marrianna - "markets that the locals go to - fish/local produce/breads" there are 29 in Lisboa, in Alfama it's Mercado de Santa Clara (but not the best one), probably "Mercado de Sapadores" in Graça it's a best option. Here's the list (in portuguese) www.cm-lisboa.pt/viver/comercio/mercados

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alfama Market

Thanks for the updated info - we don't want flea markets - but as you indicated local produce/fish etc.

6. Re: Alfama Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 02, 2014