We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help, Lisbon

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Topic
Please Help, Lisbon

I need advice on the top things to do/see in Lisbon. We will be coming from the US and need advice on what to do/see while there to make the most of a short time.

Please help!

lisbon
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help, Lisbon

Hi. Best thing to do is to take a tram journey as this takes you most places and you can get those where you can hop off and hop on. This takes you to the most popular places. When choosing to eat, especially during the day, do so off the main tourist streets and choose a place the locals go to. You can get a meal, dessert, wine, coffee for 7 euros. If you have enough time you can take the train to Cascais - very easy only goes there and returns to Lisbon with a few stops on the way and very pretty as all along the coast.

Rene

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help, Lisbon

For how long will you be staying in Lisbon?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help, Lisbon

We will be there for two days, one at the beginning of our trip and one on the end.

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help, Lisbon

If you are only here for a couple of days, I strongly recomend yoy take one of the open top bus "hop on/ hop off" tours!

Then, you should probably just walk around and see the castle, the Alfama, Baixa and Chiado areas (that is to say, the old part of the city) and finally take the tram to Belem and walk around that area as well. Most of all, just get the vibe of the city and enjoy its unique light and setting!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help, Lisbon

Can I get information on these bus tours online?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Help, Lisbon

Can I get information on these bus tours online?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Help, Lisbon

Hello,

Lisbon it's a nice city and you have many thing to see here! It' depends wath kind of things do you want to do.

At this site (www.carris.pt) do you have all the information about trams and buses in english.

You can walking around at the city center and visit belveders, churches, the castle and museums, or can can cacth the train at Cais do Sodré to Cascais (the way has great views).

I give you one advice to dinner - Chapitô, it's a restaurant, bar, theater school and a theater too, have a nice view over the city, but isn't cheap. If you stayed at "Baixa" you can go by foot.

Bye bye

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please Help, Lisbon

You have a nice site with all detais: http://www.toursforyou.pt/Port/tours.htm

9. Re: Please Help, Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 16, 2009