We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apologies for yet another fado question...

England
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Apologies for yet another fado question...

hi 6 of us are going to Lisbon in May for a friend's 65th birthday. We would really like to hear some good fado and eat some good food on his birthday. Have tried to research but a lot of conflicting reviews and advice. Is it possible to combine the 2 preferably without it being too expensive and touristy. Would really appreciate advice. Thanks in advance.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Lisbon
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Lisbon Chill-Out Free Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Inside Lisbon Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours, Private Tours
Yellow Cab TT Tours
City Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apologies for yet another fado question...

Does this place have good fado music and food? A Severa. Also what about A Tasca do Chico or A Taverna d’ El Rey? I was looking at fado.com for places to eat and enjoy fado.

Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apologies for yet another fado question...

There are several Fado+Dinner places in Lisbon, although most are expensive.

I can suggest Sr. Fado in Alfama, for me the best relation quality/price.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apologies for yet another fado question...

Senhor Vinho (owned by one of the biggest living names of fado Maria da Fé) and Tasca do Chico are among my favourites. Loved Adega Machado under the previous management, where they had a cast with brilliant voices although the feeling of the room being quite touristy.

Edited: 2:43 pm, May 11, 2013
4. Re: Apologies for yet another fado question...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2014