We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Stations

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
141 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Train Stations

Hi all!

I plan to take trains from Lisbon to some places in Portugal and I am not sure about the right stations for the journey. Please help to clarify:

1. From Lisbon to Porto

In Lisbon, which train station(s) are available for this route? Is it in the city centre? In Porto, which station does train from Lisbon arrive? Is it in the city centre?

How about the return trip?

2. From Lisbon to Sintra

Which train station shall I use in Lisbon for this journey? Are there multi train stations in Sintra?

Is Sintra National Park worth a visit and hike around? How to get there?

How about the return trip?

3. Porto to Regua

Which train station shall I use in Porto and in Regua? Can I hike from Regua to Pinhao?

4. Pinhao to Porto

Is there any train station in Pinhao that I can take to Lisbon?

5. Lisbon to Cascais

What is the recommended option to get to Cascais? Is there any bus service between Cascais and Sintra?

Thanks a million!!

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Stations

First, note the website for Portuguese Railways: http://www.cp.pt

All timetables can be searched using the timetables and prices tab on the english version page of the website.

1) From Lisbon to Porto

Both Alfa-Pendular and Intercidades Trains Depart from Lisboa Stª. Apolonia Station downtown on approximately an hourly basis. All call at Lisboa Gare Oriente en route North to Porto.

Two Alfa-Pendular trains per day call at Lisboa Entrecampos and Lisboa Gare Oriente en route North from the Algarve.

2) From Lisbon to Sintra

Trains depart from Lisboa Rossio Station for Sintra Station every 20 minutes or so during the day.

It is also possible to catch connecting urban trains to Sintra from Lisboa Gare Oriente, Lisboa Roma-Areiro, Lisboa Entrecampos and Lisboa Sete Rios Stations changing at Campolide or Mira-Sintra Meçeles.

3. Porto to Regua

In Porto, some trains to Regua leave from Porto São Bento Station. All call/leave from Porto Campanha station.

There is only one station called Regua.

4) Pinhão to Porto (or is it Lisbon?.)

There are three trains a day with connections to Lisbon via Porto.

Train changes needed at Regua and Porto Campanha!

The late night train requires several changes.

5) Lisbon to Cascais

Only one way! Linha da Cascais from Lisbon Cais de Sodre Station to Cascais Station.

www.scotturb.pt bus Nº. 417 almost hourly from Cascais Bus Terminal (across the road from Cascais Train Station) to Sintra Station.

Porto
Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Stations

Trains from Lisboa to Porto stop at Porto-Campanhã. The most central station in Porto is Porto-S. Bento which is only one stop away from Campanhã. If you want to go to S. Bento you need to switch train in Campanhã.

3. Re: Train Stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 09, 2014