We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Efficiency??

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
143 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Efficiency??

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how long it will take us from when we land at Lisbon to being ready to leave the airport? Is the passport control(EU citizens) fast or slow and what about the baggage carousels? I realise all airports differ depending on whether it is a busy time or not but in general at midday on a Monday what is it like? I've been thru many airports and some you know will take an hour(or more) to get off the plane, go thru passport control and collect your bag while other airports will have you thru in at least half of that.

Thanks.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Airport Efficiency??

It seemed strange to us as well. We seemed to walk for miles after passing all the shops and food and then went through passport control and couldn't get back. Very frustrating, especially for me (the shops looked great!). A very large, well stocked duty free shop, as well as others.

We fly in to Lisbon and out of Porto this upcoming visit, so won't get a chance to put our experience to use.

Enjoy!

Edited: 3:59 am, April 09, 2013
Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Airport Efficiency??

Thanks guys,

Forewarned is forearmed they say.

At least we won't go hungry.

Thanks to both the above.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Ireland
Level Contributor
143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Airport Efficiency??

The shops/restaurants are past boarding pass check/security so only 'flyers' can use them but before passport control which is a long way from the boarding pass check/security. We were lucky(I guess) that we were there very early and had time to return back but it was defitnetly more excercise than we had planned!

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
141 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Airport Efficiency??

Hi

I think there might be a bit of confusion being caused here. Once you have checked in your luggage, you go through Security screening as usual into the departures area. The duty free, other shops and restaurants are here. If you are then departing on an international flight that is outside the Schengen area, you go through passport control to get to the gate. In Terminal 1 the non Schengen gates appear to be numbered in the 40's and passport control is just before them - once past this you are at a boarding gate with not much else. Terminal 2 is a departures only terminal and seems to be purely for a small number of budget airlines -including Easy Jet - not sure what happens here.

15. Re: Airport Efficiency??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 14, 2014