We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport pass question

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
914 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Transport pass question

<<- A one day pass for Carris and Metro costs €5.00. These passes cover the whole Carris Network of buses, trams, funiculars, and the Elevador de Santa Justa, as well as the whole Metro Network.>>

Can I top this up on a Viva Viagem card?

Thanks!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,550 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transport pass question

I'm sorry but you CAN do zapping and 24h ticket on consecutive days as long as each of these options has been totally used. And yes the cost of the card it's €0,5.

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transport pass question

Wow this seems complicated despite reading the faqs and your helpful posts.

A 24 hr 6 euro ticket lets you use the metro, buses, trams, funiculars in Lisbon, but not the trains to Sintra and Estoril.

The zapping card works on metro (1.4 euros), but how much is it on trams or funiculars with a zapping card?

Other than at a metro/train station where can a zapping card be topped up. i.e. if I run out of credit in Belem having taken a tram out there?

You can also use the zapping card on trains to sintra and estoril? Thanks in advance

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,550 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transport pass question

"Zapping consists in charging money onto a 7 Colinas/Viva Viagem card, which is deducted as the customer validates the card on different transports, according to the prices in each Operator. This solution was designed for customers who are not regular users but often use one or more Public Transport Operator. - The first charging is €2 minimum and €15 maximum. - The following charges can be €0,01 minimum and €15 maximum. - The total stored on the card must be €20 as most. Besides bonus on charging, this title offers a discount for multimodal use, valid for trips that include two operators and taken on a predefined period of time. This bimodal discount is calculated based on 5% of the total cost of the trips and is automatically applied on the last validation. You may charge your card at any Carris, Metro, CP and Transtejo/Soflusa point of sale."

"where can a zapping card be topped up. i.e. if I run out of credit in Belem" there's a train station at Belém, I have no idea if there's a MOB kiosk, point or shop (from Carris) there. I always top up mine at the train or metro station (I rarelly use the bus or trams).

"You can also use the zapping card on trains to sintra and estoril?" Yes you can.

Zapping (bus/metro) €1,40; Zapping train to Cascais €1,80 and apparently also at the train to Sintra;

carris.pt/fotos/editor2/desdobravel_tarifas-…

14. Re: Transport pass question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 15, 2014