We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Accom near Sete Rios bus station Lisbon

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Family Accom near Sete Rios bus station Lisbon

We are family of 4 with two teenage daughters planning to visit Lisbon. We will be flying from Rome to Lisbon on a thursday late evening and wish to stay in Lisbon for 2 days. Can anyone please suggest a safe clean affordable place that will not break the bank plz?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,493 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Accom near Sete Rios bus station Lisbon

Sete Rios is primarily a business and financial district, shiny glass towers and that. There are several of the standard hotel chains there such as IBIS, Novotel and Mercure. I stayed at the IBIS for €39 last year.

The city centre is only 10 minutes away by metro train. You will find dozens of hotels there, probably better for your stay as the Sete Rios area is pretty devoid of activity after working hours.

Edited: 7:22 am, November 01, 2012
Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Accom near Sete Rios bus station Lisbon

I would rather suggest getting another place to stay, as cubsur said, city centre is just 10 min away driving/metro. Nothing happens in Sete Rios, except Lisbon Zoo. But if you really want to stay nearby, the best hotel IMHO is Corinthia Lisbon here: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189158-d276952…

Edited: 8:09 am, November 01, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Accom near Sete Rios bus station Lisbon

Many thanks for your comments, Cubsur & GPCosta. We are flying in to Lisbon around 11pm in the night on a thursday. We are keen to find a place without too much travelling time at that time of the night with 2 young girls. Our plan for the following day is to do a day trip to Fatima and return to the same. We will be leaving Lisbon on Saturday evening to Milan. Our budget is low but convenience and safety is essential for this short trip. If we book a place in the city centre will it be a too long taxi ride in the night ? What is the likely cost of a taxi ride at that time ? Also could you kindly suggest a decent place in the city centre, and any idea of room cost ? Many thanks for your advice.

Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Accom near Sete Rios bus station Lisbon

Everywhere you go sleep in central Lisbon, at that time, will be a quick taxi ride (15/20 min max), no traffic at that time.

Sete rios will be the same taxi travel time as other places from the airport (or even quicker, as taxi will use fast roads with less traffic lights).

As a decent place in the city centre, i suggest checking on reviews at TA top hotels: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g189158-Lisbon_Estrem…

If your budget is about 100 per night, paying a bit more, you have Britania, one of the favorite from visitors coming to Lisbon.

Heritage Av Liberdade is also great.

Many new good reviews also for brown's downtown here and a bit cheaper: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189158-d225691…

If you see any other you like, just ask us.

Edited: 6:12 am, November 03, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
21,712 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Accom near Sete Rios bus station Lisbon

Sete Rios has plenty of budget hotels, and since you're arriving so late and the next day want to take a bus to Fátima and after that a plane to Milão I think that Sete Rios is very convenient and it's as safe as the city centre.

Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Accom near Sete Rios bus station Lisbon

If you are planning to get a bus in Sete Rios later to Fatima, than i agree with last post.

Otherwise, nothing happens in Sete Rios, as i told before, but you will still be able to get city centre by subway.

7. Re: Family Accom near Sete Rios bus station Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 20, 2013