We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel 4 stars or better in downtown in Lisbon

canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel 4 stars or better in downtown in Lisbon

I am going for a conference (june 1, 20013) in Lisbon. This congress will be in Lisboa Congress Centre,Praça das Indústrias, 13000-307 Lisboa .

I am looking for a good hotel downtown and can easily travel to the congress centre among these?

-Amazonia Estoril

-Clarion Suites Lisbon

-Hotel Britania

-Hotel Mundial

-Hotel Real Palacio

-Hotel Vila Galé Porto

-Lisboa Plaza

-Pestana Cascais

-Sheraton Lisboa Hotel

-Turim Av Liberdade Hotel

-VIP Executive Suite Eden

-Vila Bicuda

-Vila Gale Village Cascais

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel 4 stars or better in downtown in Lisbon

We booked Britania, read the hotel reviews and pick one, we choose Britania

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,419 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel 4 stars or better in downtown in Lisbon

If you want an hotel "next door" to the conference it's only Vila Galé Ópera, you'll be out of downtown but close to restaurants and bars at an area called Docas.

Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel 4 stars or better in downtown in Lisbon

I would follow this last suggestion, if walking distance is what you are looking for.

Edited: 8:04 am, October 21, 2012
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel 4 stars or better in downtown in Lisbon

Anything situated in Estoril or Cascais is a 30 minute train journey from Lisbon.

canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel 4 stars or better in downtown in Lisbon

Thanks a lot.. In Cascais I found pestana cascais even I stay late in downtown? what is the last train?? the price for a week train pass?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel 4 stars or better in downtown in Lisbon

Pestana is even further away, not in central Cascais but out near Guincho. You would have to get a bus or a taxi from cascais station.

If you miss the last train the price of a taxi Lisbon to Cascais is around €40

The public transport is very cheap but if you are working downtown Lisbon I don't think Cascais would be a good choice.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,419 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel 4 stars or better in downtown in Lisbon

Pestana Cascais is not at Guincho, but at Guia, it's walkable from the train station if you like to walk and there's no rain but you'll have the Cascais buses called GIRO www.scotturb.com/Default.aspx…

The last train is at 01:30am, there's no such thing as a weekly pass for any public transport. What exists is a support card (VivaViagem - cost 0,5€) that can be loaded with a variety of tickets for different public transports. If you stay in Cascais the best option it's zapping, load an amount of money and then you can use this card on trains, buses, metro, trams, ferry, etc. www.cp.pt/cp/displayPage.do… "ZAPPING is a transport title that allows the loading of money in the Viva Viagem card that will be deducted when the card is validated in the different transport modes, according the cost laid down by each operator (CP, Metro, Carris and Transtejo/Soflusa) for each trip."

8. Re: Hotel 4 stars or better in downtown in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 23, 2013