We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon to Porto by train

Birkerod, Denmark
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Lisbon to Porto by train

Hi,

I am travelling to Portugal in the middle of November. i am reaching Lisbon at around 15.30 and planning to go to POrto on the same day evening.what is the most convinient transport from Lisbon Airport to Oriente( I believe that is the stop for AP train to Porto). Is it possible to get the AP train ticket at the train station at time of travel (does it cost any extra)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,930 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon to Porto by train

The Lisbon metro train is the most convenient way to reach Oriente station from the airport. It takes about 7 minutes and costs €1,75. Allow a further 5 minutes to walk from the metro station below ground at Oriente up to the main station.

AP and Intercity train tickets cost the same whether you buy them in advance or on the day, except for special promotions. I would advise buying in advance on-line if you can as the line is very busy and trains can sell out and be full.

Reservations are compulsory and can be made a maximum of 30 days before travel at www.cp.pt

But of course your problem will be that you cannot guarantee what time your flight will land at the airport!

Edited: 6:26 am, October 10, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,222 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon to Porto by train

The quickest is by metro, take it at the airport and exit at Oriente station. It's possible to buy your train ticket at the station and it's not more expensive, you'll have AP and Intercity (IC) trains.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lisbon to Porto by train

If you have a problem with the train, the RENEX long distance bus service to Porto also leaves from the Gare Oriente Station.

There is a 17:00 departure getting into Porto Campo do Martires at 20:30 and a 19:00 departure arriving at 22:30

You can buy bus tickets up to 15 minutes before at the Gare Oriente bus station.

Birkerod, Denmark
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lisbon to Porto by train

thanks a lot for the information.

5. Re: Lisbon to Porto by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 15, 2013