We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon to portimao

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lisbon to portimao

In August I will be travelling from Lisbon down to Alvor and want a stress free, change as few times as possible, sit back and relax journey. I have found the REDE NACIONAL DE EXPRESSOS website (coach journey) and I can see that I can go from Lisbon to Portimao in under 3and a half hours, GREAT!!! However the site is in portuguese and can't work out where the coach station in Lisbon is located.

Likewise with my return journey back from Albufeira to Lisbon, I'm not sure if I am just missing it or it's not there but where in Albufire would I catch the coach from.

Any help would be appreciated.

Burgau, Portugal
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon to portimao

Hi Ruby,

I recently travelled to Lisbon from Lagos and the coach stopped in Portimao. The fare was 15 euros and it left Lagos around 1pm and I was in Lisbon at around 4.45pm. Check my website out at www.burgauportugal.com for the timetable,

regards,

Doug

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,343 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon to portimao

The main bus terminal in Albufeira is located on the edge of town and unless you are staying very close by you will a taxi or a bus to get there.

In Lisbon I am not sure if REDE EXPRESSOS uses the same terminal as the EVA company but if they do it's at SETE RIOS, but you are right their website doesn't seem to say!