We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from Lisbon to Seville

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
bus from Lisbon to Seville

I want to go from Lisbon to Seville by bus.

I know all about alsa.es, but when I try to buy the tickets, I get the information that 'this bus does not have numbered seats'.

What does that mean? How do they know when the bus is full? Where do I sit once I get there?

I'm a bit affraid to wait till I come to Lisbon to buy the ticket, I'm affraid they might be sold out untill then, I'd like to do it in advance.

Thanks! :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,977 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from Lisbon to Seville

It basically means you sit anywhere you wish.

And yes tickets may be sold out. I have even heard of an instance of over-booking and it was first come first served in the apparent scramble that followed, no priority accorded to those who had on-line tickets.

I recommend you buy a ticket on line at alsa.es and plan to arrive at the bus terminal at least 45 minutes before departure.

Edited: 4:47 am, March 16, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from Lisbon to Seville

Thank you!

I'm going to buy the ticket right now! :)

Langley, BC
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from Lisbon to Seville

I have just gone thru this, it is not possible to buy on line , you must go to the ALSA office at the Gare do Oriente (ground level at the very back of the terminal on the left side ) to purchase a ticket in advance of the date you wish to travel. I am now assuming there will be a seat. I will post again once I travel.

You must pay in cash. There are two buses a day; one at 1:45 PM and the other an over nighter leaving about 10 PM

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,160 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from Lisbon to Seville

This subject was recently discussed:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189158-i203-k5556…

5. Re: bus from Lisbon to Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 15, 2013