We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lisbon festivals

kildare
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
lisbon festivals

Is there any festivals/carnivals on during the summer/autumn in lisbon... we are a group looking to visit for a long weekend (3-4 days) but would love to arrive when there are loads of events on.. like wine/beer/dancing/fireworks etc.. or any other ideas that you have to give me would be great.........

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: lisbon festivals

hEY! you should definitly come to lisbon in the end of may until mid june. Next month of may we will have the rock in rio lisbon, a big music festival with band now confirmed: red hot chilli pepppers, sting, santana, roger waters, shakira, dj tiesto... and a lot more to come. this festival is for 6 days. And at 13th june is the santo antonio day in lisbon, a traditional holiday with a big big big party in the historic part of the city during all night, with a lot of wine, beer, music.... Not to talk about the great beaches that you can reach in 20 minutes from lisbon by car.

http://www.visitlisboa.com/

www.myguide.pt/home.aspx…

lisboa
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lisbon festivals

Hello!

I don't what kind of festivals you are looking for or what type of music is your favorite but you should definitely visit Lisbon in the middle of June.

On the 13th is Sto. António's day (St. Anthony). On the night of the 12th there is a big parade in Av. da Liberdade called "marchas Populares" and in the old quarters of the city there are lots and lots of people having fun: dancing, drinking, eating the typical and wonderful grilled sardines or "bifanas" and mingling with everybody. So, if I were you I would eat some sardines early in the evening since the places tend to get crowded, then watch the parade in Av. da Liberdade and then walk through the old quarters (Alfama, Mouraria up to the old Castle - Castelo de S. Jorge) and have fun until dawn... Don't forget to buy (or at least to smell) the typical plant sold on this day and that you offer to someone you love which is called "manjerico"!

I hope you have lots of fun!

Lis

P.S: If you let me know specifically what type of festival you are lookking for I can give you a few more ideas but Sto. António is a must!