We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for nice hotel

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
406 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for nice hotel

Has any one any info on a nice hotel in the centre of Lisbon.

There are 8 adults hoping to travel to Lisbon in May for 4 nights any tips please.

Sheila

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for nice hotel

Hello. I highly recomend you Belmonte Palace Hotel. Go there and relax. Lisbon is one of the best secrets in Europe. ( www.palaciobelmonte.com )

cAiMAo

lisbon
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for nice hotel

hello sheila the best is 1 apartment in down town lisbon, have beds for 8 people. the price is nice.

the e-mail is newaljubarrota@hotmail.com and the website is

www.aljubarrotaapartments.web.pt

by zarina

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,612 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for nice hotel

My wife and I have enjoyed York House if you do not mind the steep steps up the cliff face - not suitable for disabled but otherwise a Hotel with great character, good rooms, excellent dining room.

Lisboa
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for nice hotel

Lisbon is very great

In down town, close to spanish consulate you have 1 guesthouse, the name is Danubio Residencial, located in Rua de Salitre, 49-r/c.

The guest house only acept maximm 8 people.

i don��t know their have avaibility.

Guest house e-mail is lizete_danubio@portugalmail.pt

Have a good time

JGP
Porto
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for nice hotel

Hello, try www.residencial-italia.com

Loda, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for nice hotel

When I have stayed in Lisbon I have been very pleased with the Hotel Miraparque. Located across from the Edward VII Park on a quiet street( for Lisbon anyway!) and within a few minutes walking distance to the Marque de Pombal where bus tours can be booked. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and polite and helpful. I was a solo traveler and they made my first visit to Portugal wonderful and since have returned several times. Have a great visit! Candace Serviss

Lisbon
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for nice hotel

What kind of hotel do you want?

Cheap or expensive?

City Center or near the beach?

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for nice hotel

I saw a recommendation in the U.S. edition of Conde Nast Traveller (March 2005 issue) for the Hotel Olissippo Castelo. It looks pretty nice and it's in Alfama. Website is www.olissippohotels.com Coincidentally the name of the poster above is the same name as the hotel!

Also recommended is the Hotel Veneza (www.3khoteis.com)

I'd like to visit Lisbon some time soon myself and am researching hotels from now.

Australia
Level Contributor
250 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for nice hotel

We have just come back and recommend Pensao Londres in the Bairro Alto. I would recommend against staying in Baixa (the central grid of Lisbon) and instead suggest one of the elevated areas - either around the Castelo or the Bairro.

The Londres is modestly priced and has a variety of rooms and suites. It offers a basic breakfast in a lovely breakfast room and it's most professionally run. Two min's walk down the street is the funicular (like a little pair of trams) that takes you down to Restaurdores and all the central action.

Read my review under the entry for PL on this website. http://www.pensaolondres.com.pt