We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timer in Portugal - 11 day itinerary needed

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1st timer in Portugal - 11 day itinerary needed

Hi All,

My husband and I will be going to Portugal from Jan 28, 2006 staying for 11 days only. I've been reading all these guide books but they're only confusing me as to which places to visit and how long it would take to travel between each place.

We won't be driving so we'd have to take public transport. We're thinking of going to Lisbon for 3 days, Sintra (1), Setubal (1), Evora (2), Estremadura (2) and Porto (2). Is this an ok itinerary? Is transport available between these cities and how long would they take? Also, my husband's a bit worried because we'll be going in winter. How bad is winter in these places?

Any suggestions would be great! Aimz

New York
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: 1st timer in Portugal - 11 day itinerary needed

Hi there I just came back and was only there 7 days with no car. But I saw many beautiful sites. I also used a small tour company to help called Inside Tours. They offered the best prices to the sites outside of Lisbon and basically took you to the places and gave you a brief story of the history and let you to wander the rest yourself.

1st day I did a walking tour of Baixxa Chiado.

2nd day Self tour of Torre de Belem, Monastary St Jeronimos, Museam of Age of Discovery, Acantra and Docas that night

3rd Day - Alfama, St Jorge's Castle, shopping in Chiado

4th Day - Tour Obidos, Nazare, Batalha, Fatima (9 hours), Lisbon that night pub crawl through the Bairro Alte

5th Day Estoril, Caiscais

6th Day Sintra - Sintra National Palace, Palace de Pena

7th Day - shopping in Lisbon, boarded plane home to NYC.

Information for the tour company is insidelisbon.com, there are also many useful links from their website. The owner is also very helpful to people coming to visit. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy!

Tiffany Suiters