We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon or Seville?

Houston, Texas
6 posts
Save Topic
Lisbon or Seville?

We are trying to decide between Lisbon or Seville for a weekend, flying from Madrid. Will appreciate any comment. Thanks.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
678 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon or Seville?

Hello,

I have never been to Seville (shame on me), so I guess I'll be a bit biased. But coming to Lisbon would mean coming to a different country and culture so I would do that.

However a weekend will be short.

Have a nice trip!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,662 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon or Seville?

Welcome to the Trip Advisor forums!

I would also post your question on the Seville forum as well. You will probably find that most people on this forum will vote for Lisbon and vies versa for Seville.

I visited Lisbon for three nights last March and had a fantastic stay, for further information have a look at my trip report, may give you some ideas : -

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189158-i203-k1795…

Let us know what you decide.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lisbon or Seville?

Apples or oranges?

Love both places

tptr

Houston, Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lisbon or Seville?

both are great places but i was thinking that coming from madrid, lisbon is an interesting trip because it's a different city in a different country with a different culture and history. but again, inputs for either of these cities are appreciated.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lisbon or Seville?

It's a bit like asking "San Francisco or New York".

The cities are so different, it's hard to compare them.

Seville is fairly flat, inland, majestic in parts and very, very Spanish. It's baking hot in the summer.

Lisbon is on the coast, hilly, somewhat chaotic, and the majesty and the misery jumbles together giving it an almost African feel in places.

I have no doubt that, coming from Madrid, Lisbon would provide a much greater contrast than Seville. But I guess you'll just have to do a bit more research and decide which place you feel would appeal to you more.

Houston, Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lisbon or Seville?

thanks. that's a good differentiation. very helpful. "contrast to madrid" is what i like. i don't want to go back to madrid feeling like i never left.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lisbon or Seville?

<<<<thanks. that's a good differentiation. very helpful. "contrast to madrid" is what i like. i don't want to go back to madrid feeling like i never left.>>>>

hmmmm?! Maybe Porto instead? Now there's some contrast.

tptr

Houston, Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lisbon or Seville?

i never thought about porto but i just checked it out and it's nice also. lisbon came to mind because it's the capital or the biggest city in portugal. but if i'll have another chance, porto will definitely be a consideration.

London, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lisbon or Seville?

Lisbon all the way!

been there twice, can't get enough, can't stop thinking about going again, go there, don't plan too much, just keep on walking...

10. Re: Lisbon or Seville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 18, 2009