We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rossio Station - Lisbon

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Rossio Station - Lisbon

Has Rossio Station reopened?

Are trains going from there to Sintra?

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rossio Station - Lisbon

Yes & Yes.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rossio Station - Lisbon

The information is correct... Rossio train station is finally reopen and you can get direct trains to Sintra.

A piece of advise: The Sintra line is one of the most criminal lines in Portugal, so try not to travel in the night and try to set by one of the police men that patrol the train... don't be scared, but is the truth... on the day light will be better...

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
152 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rossio Station - Lisbon

Wow- Now that sounds scary!

I took the train from Rossio at the beginning of the month from Lisbon. Trains leave like every 20 minutes (upstairs) during the day. It was a very relaxing trip to Sintra (last stop on the line). I never felt uncomfortable. Buy a round trip...it was a bit cheaper. The tickets are labelled as to the direction you are going...the conductor will look.

I really liked Sintra. It was a great excusion out of the city.

Mike

4. Re: Rossio Station - Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 22, 2009