We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon Bus Routes

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,892 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Lisbon Bus Routes

I am trying to work out the easiest way to travel from Cais do Sodre to Parque das Nacoes by bus.

I have looked at the bus timetable on www.carris.pt and it appears route 28 Restelo – Portela is the main bus route. Is this correct? Is there another route?

When you arrive in Parque das Nacoes where do you depart the bus? e.g. Parque Nacoes Sul, Jadim Cabeco Rolas, Av Mediterraneo, R Caribe or the railway station Estacao Oriente. Timetable is a bit confusing.

I will also travel on another bus from Picoas to Cais do Sodre. Can you buy one ticket from Picoas to Parque das Nacoes or will have to purchase two separate tickets.

Thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,506 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon Bus Routes

I don't know the Parque das Nacoes area all that well, but I do know that the 28 will take you as far the Oriente Bus Station from which the 708 goes to Parque das Nacoes Norte.

The 44 also goes between Cais do Sodre and Oriente but only on weekdays, not at weekends or holidays.

Where you get off does I recall depend on what you are aiming for - it's a very large area!

You can buy pre-paid tickets and multi-ride passes for the bus or bus and metro - see

www.carris.pt/en/index.php…

otherwise it's €1.35 each time if you pay on board.

Hope that helps point you in the right direction.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
826 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon Bus Routes

why don't u take the Metro which has stations in all the stops u mentioned, i.e. Cais de Sodre, Parque de Naçoes, and Picoas. much more straightforward and with less complications, e.g. in arrival area, timetable, and being more frequent. u use just one ticket for the aforementioned destinations. in addition, u can enjoy the tiles or art unique in every metro station...

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,892 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lisbon Bus Routes

Thank you both. With regards to the metro, does this terminate in Oriente and is this within walking distance to the oceanario. Thanks again.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
290 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lisbon Bus Routes

Oriente has a huge bus and train station.There is a shopping mall opposite called Vasco de Gama and the othet side of that is the Oceanario.You can go up to street level and cross the road to get there or go under street level directly through the mall.It is just a straight walk through and will take you five minutes.I will be there next week watching the The Cure in concert at the Pavilhao Atlantico.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,892 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lisbon Bus Routes

Thanks Anniefield - I will also be there next week, may see you there!

6. Re: Lisbon Bus Routes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 23, 2009