We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travell from Lisbon to Porto

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pakistan
1 post
Save Topic
Travell from Lisbon to Porto

I want to go porto from lisbon via train,Please guide me the process

and whats the fair of this journey.

and if any one know the web site in english version of www.cp.pt plese let me know.

Thanks

FD

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,854 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travell from Lisbon to Porto

The CP website is partly in English - look at the very top of the page towards the right, next to where it says 'Accesso Rapido' and you will see a little English flag. Click on that and the index page changes to English.

There are two types of train between Lisbon and Porto - the ALFA PENDULAR high speed train and ordinary inter city trains.

ALFA PENDULAR is more expensive (€27.50) than Intercity (€19.50) one way but is faster. Trains run once every hour every day with extra trains at 'rush hour'

Most trains start from the Lisbon Sta Apolonia station stopping also at Lisbon Oriente. The journey by ALFA PENDULAR takes 2hr 34 minuttes; by Inter City it is 2hr 59 minutes.

You may reserve seats one month or less before you travel. Register with the site and you can reserve seats and print your own ticket; I have used this process many times and it is simple.

You do not have to reserve a seat but it is strongly advised as trains are very busy and if you wait until the last moment, you may find the next train (or two or three) is full. Standing is not allowed; all passengers must have a numbered seat ticket.

I hope that helps; enjoy your journey.

2. Re: Travell from Lisbon to Porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 13, 2009