We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in lisbon

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend in lisbon

I am travelling to Lisbon in a few weeks and am looking for some information.

Does the Lisbon metro serve Oceanario de Lisboa and if not whats the best way to get there?

Also is it possible to walk across Ponte 25 de Avril or is it only possible by car and train?

My last query is whether the 3 day Lisboa card can be purchased on arrival at the airport,and if so where and how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in lisbon

Hi,

You can get to the Oceanario by metro, station "Oriente". Thats the last station of the red line. When you get out walk right to the river, then turn right and keep going for 5-10 min. You can't miss it and it is well indicated.

Unfortunetly it is not possible to walk either bridge, or bike. But I strongly recomend that you take the trip to the Cristo Rei statue, incredible views of the bridge and Lisbon from there.

The Lisboa Card is available at the Lisbon Tourism desk at Arrivals in the Airport and it costs 31 euros for 3 days.

Enjoy!

Natal, RN
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in lisbon

Visit www.transporlis.sapo.pt and you can check all available public transports from one location to other, including map showing the route, prices, etc. Available in english.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend in lisbon

If you do take the red line to Oriente station, be sure to check out the art work in each station en route. The final station (Oriente) is the new Oriente train/bus station, and it is an amazing construction. Be sure to go up to the top (train station) level to see the glass roof and palm-tree concrete pillars. Lots of excellent photo opportunities. The riverfront also affords a view of the amazing Vasco de Gama bridge. It took me 5 or 6 photos to get the whole span of it (or at least as much of the span as I could see). Our hotel clerk told us it is 17.5 km long. I don't know whether he was stretching the truth or not, but it is certainly the longest bridge I have ever seen.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend in lisbon

One more thing. We purchased a 5-day transportation pass, called the 7 Colinas, for approx. 13.5 euros per person, and it turned out to be an excellent buy as it covers metro, buses, trams, and funicular. So before purchasing the much more expensive Lisboa Card, look carefully at what you would be getting for the money.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend in lisbon

Thank you all for your excellent replies. It is much appreciated.Regarding the suggestion to visit Christo del Rei,is the trip taken bt train across the bridge or by ferry on the river. If both are possible,which is the best.

Thanks again

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend in lisbon

You can get to Cristo Rei by train or ferry. Unfortunetly once you get out of either one you have no information of how to get to the statue. By train is much closer and you can either ask directions and walk or take a taxi. By ferry I would advice either to ask for the suitable bus or to take a taxi, it should not be much more than a 5 euro ride. If you go by ferry there are some good fish restaurants around the terminal when you arrive and good views of the city.

About the Vasco da Gama bridge, it is in fact 17 km long but this includes some overland extention. I think the length over water is about 11 or 12 km.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend in lisbon

Than you Vespucio for all your help

lisboa
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekend in lisbon

Hi.

Just adding to the information about Vasco da Gama bridge: actually it is 17.2 km long and it is the longest bridge in Europe.

Lis

9. Re: Weekend in lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:35 am, September 10, 2009