We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avenida Palace

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Avenida Palace

I have done a search and found several "old" references to this hotel.

The last report on this hotel in the Trip Advisor section on this hotel was not good.

Does anyone have any up to date or current information, or some personal experience with this hotel? I am helping some older friends make arrangements, and I want to be sure that they are safe and comfortable.

Thank you for any replies.

pincus

Portugal
Level Contributor
98 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avenida Palace

My parents in law stayed there once (maybe 10 years ago) and did not complain (they are not complaining type of people). It must have been a trully amazing place earlier but I also got the feeling it is quite run down and old fashioned. Sorry I cannot help better.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Avenida Palace

I am grateful for your reply.

The review that worried me on this forum contained reference to sewage seeping into the carpets. Perhaps that is not true, but it was the reason for my question.

Thank you.

pincus

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avenida Palace

great location - but better hotels are around. it markets itself as a 5 star and perhaps it once was...but struggles against todays 4/5 star competition and hasn't been touched in years.

4. Re: Avenida Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 11, 2009