We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying on the Silver Coast

Dublin,
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Buying on the Silver Coast

Hi There

Iv posted and viewed here from time to time about buying on the Silver Coast. I bought 6 months ago and its been brilliant. I used a company that were great. They helped me get my fiscal number, bank account, loan, legal advise and finally my property. Then there is the connection to water,electricity,gas,cable tv,phone etc. There is lots to do and it was great having someone to help. The two people that helped me have now left the company I bought my property from and have started their own company.

Jose and Mira have a company called Silver Coast Properties. http://www.imantrealestate.com/

If they have not got what you want on their website, call them and they will do their best to find you what you want.. I wish them well.

Jim (Dublin)

bristol uk
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying on the Silver Coast

Thanks for this. I have been reading the many posts regarding the Silver Coast as we have flights booked for a visit at the end of September with a view to buying something in the sun. I will start my proper research at the end of August as I presume that proeprties sell quite quickly, I will be in touch with this company then.

Dublin,
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying on the Silver Coast

No Problem

I did my own planning, didnt use any company doing "inspection tours" and that way I looked at whatever properties I wanted to look at and not the ones an agent wanted to show me. What I did find was a lot of the companies were selling the same properties and there didnt seem to be any exclusivity with any agent. The vendor seems to say ok lads you can all sell it and whoever finds a customer can have the commission. All the agents were very helpful and there are loads of them. Didnt notice properties being snapped up so take your time. New builds ,you dont seem to be able to do a deal but second hands there seems to be a bit of give on the price. If its any help I used www.fastcarhire.co.uk for carhire and I stayed in a hotel in Nazare called Miramar (00351 262550000) as a base. Not 5 star but cheap and cheerful. b&b was about 50 euro per night per room in November.

Hope this is helpful

Jim

Dublin,
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying on the Silver Coast

Word of warning

That part of Portugal is not as warm as the south. I say word of warning but Im fair skinned and once it goes over 28/30 degrees I fade fast. The people are lovely, the countryside is beautiful, the cost of living is half the south and I dont keep bumping into people from home I know... YET ! All in all I love it .

4. Re: Buying on the Silver Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 05, 2009