We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pestana palace

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
pestana palace

does anyone here have any thoughts on the pestana palace. i am thinking about staying there 3 days with my family while in lisbon (me, hubby and six year old) and i'm just wondering if it's too far from center city lisbon. i am thinking about his hotel because after sightseeing the majority of the day, i think it would be very relaxing (especially for my little 6 year old girl) to unwind after a long day. again i find the hotel itself very intriguing but my husband is not liking the fact that it sounds very far away from such places as bairo alto and such. any comments, suggestions??

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pestana palace

I've been to the Pestana Palace for work and I tell you I would love to spend a weekend there. It's a beautiful palace, with great views over the Tejo River.

It is not far away from the city center. It is closer to Alcantara, so not ver far away from Belém, but you will have to rely in buses and taxis, because it doesn't have a subway stop nearby. A taxi to Bairro Alto should take 15 minutes and cost you around 5/6 euros.

Mentioned in this post
Bairro Alto
Bairro Alto
10,709 Reviews
Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
198 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pestana palace

Considering Lisbon's size, nothing is really far. Pestana Palace is not walking distance from the centre but it's definitly a magic place. And as Sunshir said before is only 15 minutes from Bairro Alto and all the central areas if you pick a taxi.

Certainly one of the best options if you want to stay in style here.

enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Bairro Alto
Bairro Alto
10,709 Reviews
Lisbon, Portugal
richmond va
Level Contributor
321 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pestana palace

Does the hotel have a shuttle service?

How far from the port?

Is this the hotel SilverSea uses for its passengers?

4. Re: pestana palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 03, 2009