We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewellery stores

london
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jewellery stores

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can go in Lisbon to buy some jewellery. Im going to be Godmother to a Portuguese baby and need to buy Portuguese gold as its much better quality than what we get in the UK.

Many Thanks for your time

Chloe

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewellery stores

Almost everywhere. Specially in Lisboa downtown (baixa), where there is even a street called Rua do Ouro (gold), but also in Big Malls like for instance Amoreiras, or Colombo, or Vasco da Gama.

These last often offer more modern jewellery, while downtown shops have more traditional ones.

If, by any chance, you plan to go to the north of the country, then buy it there, normally is cheaper and the offer is much larger (there is a northern tradition of wearing lots of gold in special occasions - see for instance the page casadominho.com.br/mariadafonte/trajes.html

Although it is in portuguese, you will see what I mean by the photos).

Jose Manuel

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewellery stores

I bought a lot of jewelry at W.A. Sarmento (Rua Aurea 251) a few years ago. They had a good selection and were very nice to deal with. I bought a few items one day, then several days later had to return for more.

london
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewellery stores

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the help!

chloe