We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Check?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
217 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Check?

Thank you to everyone for your help while planning our trip -- I have an itinerary made and wondering if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions for our time there:

December 24 - arrive from US at 1:30 pm

- Drop bags at hotel

- Walk down the "main" avenue, visit the major squares, explore a little

- Time Out Market for early dinner

December 25

- Visit St. George's Castle (what would be the best way to get there from Hotel Portobay?)

- Walk down Alfama, Tram 28, visit some Miradouros, etc.

- Visit the Christ Monument

- Dinner and Fado at Fado em Si

December 26

- Private tour to Sintra

- Casual dinner at Luzzo

December 27

- Tram 15 to Belem to see tower and monastery

- Lunch back in town (any suggestions for a "fun" lunch? Something kind of trendy?)

- Explore Bairro Alto, Baixa/Chiado and Principe Real (any suggestions for the best way/route to do this?)

- Dinner reservation at Minibar

December 29 - depart for Spain

Thanks so much!

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Check?

> ....- Visit St. George's Castle (what would be the best way to get there from Hotel Portobay?)<

what does "best" mean to you?

my hotel was near the Rossio station. I just walked up to the castle. that was 'best" for me.

Cascais, Portugal
Level Contributor
469 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Check?

You might want to verify things that are open on Christmas Day. My experience is that almost everything is closed. You would be able to get Christmas dinner at a hotel restaurant but not much else. I also don't think the castel would be open Christmas but have also been told the Alfama area is much more interesting than the castel.

That said, if the weather is nice, walking around and visiting miradouros would be a great way to really experience Lisboa.

3. Re: Itinerary Check?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 25, 2017