We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fatima and Lisbon

Macau, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Fatima and Lisbon

Here are my questions. Thx for your generous help in advance.

1) I need to go to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima. Are tourists allowed to enter the place anytime they like? Any closing time involved?

2) Is there a mass take place every day in the Sanctuary? What time will that be?

3) I have heard that pilgrims can light candles in the Sanctuary and there are special candles. Where can I buy those candles? What are those special candles?

4)Are pilgrims allowed to light candles only at a particular time?

5) Any good restaurants recommended for meals? (lunch+ dinner- restaurants which offer dishes with reasonable price, not expensive)

6) I need to go to Lisbon after visiting Fatima. May I know what type of transportation I can take? As I have two big luggages with me, please kindly suggest transportation which will be convenient for me. Thx!

7) Are there buses which can be taken from Fatima to Lisbon? If so, how much will that be? How long will be for the bus ride? What will be the bus schedule in the afternoon?

Thank you for your attention.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fatima and Lisbon

Items 6 & 7 - Lisbon to Fatima and v.v. -

see: http://bit.ly/VrhsON

For the other questions, have a look at http://www.santuario-fatima.pt/ and email the pilgrims service for any more clarifications: sepe@fatima.pt

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fatima and Lisbon

1) the sanctuary never closes, the basilicas do close.

2) there are several masses per day at the different places (the old basilica, the new basilica and the little chapel)

3 & 4) You can light candles at a special place (not inside the basilicas) behind the little chapel. It's available 24/7. Next to that place you can buy candles. At any of the shops around the sanctuary you can also buy candles (by special candles I suppose that it can be the different sizes and also the shapes available).

5) lots of restaurants around, for all prices.

Macau, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fatima and Lisbon

Thank you so much for your reply! Your information helps a lot!

Macau, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fatima and Lisbon

You answered my queries. Thank you very much!

5. Re: Fatima and Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 07, 2015