We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Fatima disable friendly

Which Fatima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naas, Co Kildare
5 posts
Save Topic
Is Fatima disable friendly

I am thinking of taking an elderly Aunt to Fatima, Portugal at the end of May. She is very disabled insofar as she can walk with a walker but has great difficulty in climbing steps etc. Also, we are thinking of going to Estoril for a few days - I have heard that Estoril is very hilly! Can anybody advise me on above please.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Fatima disable friendly

I know from watching services on TV that a lot of disabled folk go to the sanctuary. Note: much of the town is currently being repaved which could be a problem.

Can I suggest that you email the pilgrims service at sepe@fatima.pt

Explain the situation to them (in English) and I am sure they will advise.

As regards Estoril, you should really ask that question on the Lisbon forum but as I lived there as a kid, I can tell you that as long as you stay at one of the hotels near the station/beach like the Palacio, Sanaa Estoril,or the Hotel São Mamede you should be all right,

Elsewhere, it will start to get challenging and hilly.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17,671 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Fatima disable friendly

Fátima - SEDO Assistance to the Sick Service, sedo@fatima.pt; www.santuario-fatima.pt/portal/index.php…

Estoril - any area close to Estoril train station it's relatively flat, has said above hotels like Sana Estoril, Vila Galé Estoril, São Mamede, even Inglaterra are in that area. If the adress says "Monte Estoril" then that area is very hilly.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Fatima disable friendly

Fatima is very disable friendly.

We recommend Cascais instead of Estoril. There is much more to enjoy. The bay area is very flat. Try Baia Hotel. Nice view and central.

4. Re: Is Fatima disable friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, May 22, 2013
Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Fatima disable friendly

Both Fatima and Estoril are easy for disabled.

At Estoril, no hills nearby the center.

No need to climb steps.

6. Re: Is Fatima disable friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 24, 2014