We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Lisbon international airport to Coimbra

Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
From Lisbon international airport to Coimbra

What's the easiest way to get there by public transportation? Should I go to Gare do Oriente by bus and take a train to Coimbra from there?

Thank you for your help.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,271 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: From Lisbon international airport to Coimbra

By University you mean exactly what/where? There are the historical buildings and the new "working" buildings. Arriving around 3pm to Lisboa the most probable bus for you it's the 6pm arriving to Coimbra at 8:20pm.

Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: From Lisbon international airport to Coimbra

My hostel is actually at Avenida Emídio Navarro. I don't want to wander in the street at night on my own with the luggage. Maybe it's better for me to take a taxi?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,271 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: From Lisbon international airport to Coimbra

Well, depending on where in Av. Emídio Navarro it can be less than 1km from the bus stop to your hostel.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,183 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: From Lisbon international airport to Coimbra

Well, if your hostel is in Av. Emídio Navarro, it is probably the International, Larbello, Avenida, or Solar Navarro!

I walked this area in March/April this year while organising an event in Coimbra. It will take at least 20- 25 minutes from the Rodoviario (bus station) to the area. if you have a big bag don't even think about it. You might be able to catch a local SMTUC 14T or 22 in the direction of "Portagem". As the driver to tell you when you get there! Its right by the river and bridge over the river. Buses run approx every 15 minutes up to 21:00 and then less frequently The bus stop for "Portagem" is on Av. Emídio Navarro.

If you did arrive by train, it is better to take a connector train to Coimbra-A as Coimbra-B is at least 2km from the area. Is there is no connector train, take a taxi.

Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: From Lisbon international airport to Coimbra

I booked my train to Coimbra online. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. Thanks very much for your help indeed!

16. Re: From Lisbon international airport to Coimbra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 14, 2013