We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fatima to Estoril

Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Fatima to Estoril

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on the easiest eay to get to Estoril aside from taxi? My husband and I are travelling with a set of 5 year old twins. I think I could get to Lisbon and then by train to estoril but am wondering If there is a easier route.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,513 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fatima to Estoril

No, there is no easier route except by driving yourselves. Take the bus from Fatima to Lisbon. This costs €11, takes about 90 minutes and ends at the Sete Rios bus station. You may choose to take a taxi from there to the Cais Do Sodre railway station (a short trip) or you can take the metro train.

From Cais do Sodre it is a 40 minute journey by suburban train to Estoril, these leave every 20 minutes for most of the day, more frequently during rush hour and less frequently late at night. Train fare €2,05.

Beware that the rail network is being plagued by strikes protesting against government economic policy. You don't say when are intending to travel but it is highly like there will be no trains on 7,10 and 13 June.

There are no direct buses between Lisbon and Estoril as an alternative.

I hope that helps.

Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fatima to Estoril

Thanks so much for your reply. I will be there between Jun 21-28, hopefully the strikes will be over by that time.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Fatima to Estoril

I am heading to fatima and Estoril as well in July, please let me know what you would recommend for traveling from Lisbon to Fatima? and travel from Lisbon to Estoril?

4. Re: Fatima to Estoril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 28, 2013