We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

Which Fatima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
1 post
Save Topic
travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

Can somebody please let me know the best way to travel from Lisbon Airport to Fatima - I am getting desperate as I cannot find any info. We are travelling on the 8th of September 05 and need the info in a hurry.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

If you drive, the best way would be to rent a car at the airport, the highway to Fatima is very good, starts near the Lisboa airport and the trip takes less than 1h15m.

If not, you can choose bus or train. But the Fatima train station is some 20 Km away from the town, so you would have to pick up a bus (or a taxi) there anyway.

I would advise instead to take a taxi from the airport to the central bus station in Sete-Rios (Praça Marechal Humberto Delgado - Rua das Laranjeiras Tel: +351.213581460), where you will find buses leaving to Fatima from 8am to 20, about every hour or less. It is 125 Km from Lisbon, and the trip takes around 1:30h.

The Lisbon airport is not far away from Sete-rios (transl: seven-rivers), I don't know, but assume the taxi will cost something like 12 Euro during daily hours, depending on traffic, and the bus ticket will be around 14 (with return).

If you can read portuguese, you can reserve and even buy a bus ticket on the following address: http://www.rede-expressos.pt

Best regards,

Jose Manuel

Brighton
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

Rent a car, have a good road map, relax and enjoy. Portugal is a safe place and have decent, well maintained roads. Usually at some gas station, you will find people who can speak a fairly good english.

u.k
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

please advise of bus fares for adults and children fro lisbon to fatima return ta

Fatima
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

Never go by train. Train station is 25 km away from Fatima (by bad roads).

Bus station is in the center of Fatima. Bus ticket cost about €9/person one way.

Manila Philippines
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

Go to the metro station JARDIN ZOOLOGICO. THe bus station to Fatima is located as you get out of the metro station. Costs about euro 9.50. Travel time 90 minutes

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,977 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

Bus times at www.rede-expressos.pt but only in Portuguese language.

Buses to Fatima are about once every hour.

uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

Hi bonvallejos

Any idea if the tickets can be bought as you board the bus or do you have to buy in advance?

and getting from the airport to the bus station by taxi or airport bus..how much would that be?

Any info will be helpful..

Thanks

Mike

uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

Hi cubsur

Thanks for the link to your webpage for bus times in english.

I did check for updates but I don't speak/read portuguese..

I am hoping to go in the first week of nov..6th to9th november from lisbon arriving after 11am and flying back to london 9th 4pm flight.

Can you help with more info..as to taxi or bus from airport and then the bus to fatima..info to date and prices, please

Cheers

mike

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,977 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

So far as I know the Lisbon - Fatima bus/coach times are still correct. Buses every hour at least with additional services at busy times.

The buses leave from the Sete Rios bus station which is across town from the airport.

A taxi from the airport to Sete Rios might cost 20 Euros or so.

Alternatively there is the number 96 bus from the airport towards Marques de Pombal via Sewte Rios which runs every half hour and costs 1.40 Euros if my memory serves me correctly and would take about 15 minutes. This bus leaves from a stop directly outside the arrivals area across the road where the taxis pull up.

The 124km, 90 minute trip Sete Rios to Fatima costs 10 Euros each way - fares went up recently which I must catch up on!

Coming back from Fatima I reckon you should aim for the 9am or 1000am bus, which you can book as a return ticket from Lisbon. Most of the ticket office staff speak English but it might help if you write down your dates and times on a bit of paper you can pass under the ticket office window. That would save any misunderstandings.

When boarding at a bus station or bus terminal anywhere in Portugal it is normal to buy your ticket at the ticket office window. You can reserve in advance for the Rede-Expressos services but, as you have deduced, you need to read and understand Portuguese to do so! No standing on rede-expressos, so if the next bus is fully booked (and if there is something special going on at Fatima that's highly likely) you will get a ticket for the next bus which has spaces.

Hope that helps.

uk
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: travel from Lisbon airport to Fatima

Hi Cubsur

Thanks for the quick respond..

Just a couple more questions, please.

I take it that if you book a ticket in advance its only for the set time and date..so, if you missed that because of traffic and flight delay..what happens then?

..can you use the tickets for the next bus?

And, do you mean that at the sete rios bus stop or station there is a ticket sales counter(office) where you can buy tickets on the day..is that correct? ..the idea of writing down the date and return time will be helpful..I have a week to get some translation books from the library..just in case..

I read somewhere that from the airport there are buses ..do they go to fatima?..and someone wrote in the forum that on the way back by bus from fatima the bus actually stops at the airport!..any ideas..

another that was written in the forum somewhere says that you can get the free airport bus..and then take the metro to zoologico jardin (?) and the bus is just outside that metro station..could you please offer any info on that..

Cubsur, once again A Great Thanks for your help..greatly appreciated..sorry for asking too many more questions..

hope to hear from you soon..

cheers