We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fatima to faro

toronto
1 post
Save Topic
fatima to faro

I would like to go to fatima during easter and would like to know what is the best way to go to faro from fatima and from faro to lisbon air port.I would like to stay for couple of days in faro .

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fatima to faro

You can either hire a car and drive or go by bus.

Fatima to Lisbon is about a 90 minute journey bus bus; Lisbon to Faro about 4 hours.

I have some information you can see at www.algarvebus.info/rede-expressos.htm

includes links to bus company websites.

You must check the information at the official bus company websites, as buses are very busy around the Easter holiday and reservation is essential on certain days. There are around 15 buses every day Lisbon - Faro with three different bus lines.

Alternatively you can travel by train between Lisbon and Faro. There are five trains every day and the journey takes between 3.5 and 4.5 hours.

Full details at www.cp.pt in English if you click on the little icon next to where it says 'Acesso Rapido' at the top right.

Again, trains are very busy around the Easter holiday and reservation is essential.

Train and bus fares are are about the same. Lisbon to Faro will be around 17 - 19 Euros one-way.

My preferred route from the Algarve to Lisbon Airport is to take a train to Lisbon Gare Oriente from where it is a 5 minute cab ride or 10 minutes bus ride to the airport.

Hope that helps.

2. Re: fatima to faro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:33 am, October 21, 2009