We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto to Fatima and Fatima to Lisbon by Bus

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Porto to Fatima and Fatima to Lisbon by Bus

Hi,

I am planning to travel from porto to fatima by bus on a saturday (may 31st). There are 4 of us travelling. We are planning a return to Lisbon on Monday (2nd June).

I checked website www.rede-expressos.pt, and unfortunately there is not an english version. I tried to navigate to what I thought is the booking page, and make a booking but I got this message "Não existem percursos para a data escolhida!" which google translate to "There are routes for the date chosen", which seems odd.

I was wondering if anyone could please share some advice on booking the bus tickets from porto to fatima and fatima to lisbon. Is there an alternative english website to book them, how frequently are the buses, and how early this booking should be made. Would it be advisable to show up and the day an purchase the ticket? As there are 4 of us travelling, I would like if possible to purchase the ticket in advance.

Would appreciate any tips on the above. Many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,133 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto to Fatima and Fatima to Lisbon by Bus

There are no sources of information in English.

On Saturday 31st there are departures from Porto at

6am, 8am, 9am, 930am, 1030am, 12noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm etc

Journey is 2 hours, one-way fare is €14.50

On some routes bookings are available only up to 8 days before travel which might explain the answer you got from the website; on the other hand that site is known to do peculiar things at times. I have just tried and saw the same answer you did.

It is unlikely that every seat on every bus is already booked.

From Fatima to Lisbon on June 2nd the first bus is at 7am and they operate after that every 30 - 60 minutes. That journey takes 90 minutes and costs €9.50.

Hope that helps.

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Fatima
Fatima
Santarem District, Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
London
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto to Fatima and Fatima to Lisbon by Bus

Thanks so much cubsur. Most helpful. I will try again 8 days before the date and hopefully will be able to make a booking otherwise, I will try and book the journey once we arrive in Portugal. Thanks again for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Gdańsk
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto to Fatima and Fatima to Lisbon by Bus

I'm going from Porto to Fatima on Friday (12/09) and from Fatima to Lisboa on Saturday (13/09).

Where is the bus station in Porto and what are the departure hours to Fatima?

Thank you for your reply...

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Fatima
Fatima
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,133 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porto to Fatima and Fatima to Lisbon by Bus

The bus terminal in Porto is called BATALHA and it is in the city centre not far from the Sao Bento railway station.

Departure times from Porto on Fridays are these:

0600, 0715, 0800, 0900, 0930, 1030, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700, 1800.

The journey takes 2 hours and costs 15.50 Euros.

From Fatima to Lisbon there is a bus on Saturdays once every hour (approximately) from 0800 to 2000. The journey takes 90 minutes and costs 10 Euros.

I hope that helps you.

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Fatima
Fatima
Lisbon
Lisbon
Gdańsk
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Porto to Fatima and Fatima to Lisbon by Bus

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I don't know why but rede-expressos have rejected my e-mail twice and now their website is unavailable...

6. Re: Porto to Fatima and Fatima to Lisbon by Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fatima