We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go from Lisbon to Estoril? +must see/do in Portugal

Seinajoki, Finland
10 posts
Save Topic
How to go from Lisbon to Estoril? +must see/do in Portugal

We are going first time in portugal and we desided to stay in Estoril. (Hotel Londres)

Im just wondering that what is the easiest way to get in Estoril from the airport..and back...? bus+train? I found some old advises but are the still "up to date" =D How about taxi?

And pleace tell me your own "must see" / favorites in portugal

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,912 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go from Lisbon to Estoril? +must see/do in Portugal

The previous bus + train advice is still correct. Take the Aerobus number 91 from the airport to Cais do Sodre station (end of the line) then the train to Estoril. The bus is €3,50 and the train €1,75.

A taxi would be a lot more € than that!

As you will be be near Lisbon, check out all the advice on what to see and do in that very interesting and historic city.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,197 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go from Lisbon to Estoril? +must see/do in Portugal

The bus and train are easy go to www.cp.pt (check urban trains, Lisbon, Cascais line for the timetables (winter or summer, and night trains)) to estimate how long will take you to arrive to Estoril depending on the hour and day of your arrival. A taxi with luggage will probably cost you around 40-45€.

How long are going to stay in Portugal?

For the Estoril area look at www.visiteestoril.com. This is their introduction "The Estoril Coast extends from the Atlantic Ocean and the Tagus river estuary in the south and west up to the northern boundary of Cascais. It is close to the most westerly point in Europe.

The area is near Lisbon and is served both road and rail networks.

The most westerly point in Europe lies within the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park which has a tremendous variety of landscapes and atmospheres.

Near Estoril, the Sintra Mountains cast a veil of mystery over the town nestling on its northern slopes. The hills and the surrounding area have been classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage site both for their cultural significance and for their outstanding natural beauty."

Seinajoki, Finland
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go from Lisbon to Estoril? +must see/do in Portugal

Thanks for the replies!

i´ll try to look for visitestoril etc if i have time to do so :)

we have only week visiting.... :(

btw hopefully there is nice new year celebration ;)

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,197 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go from Lisbon to Estoril? +must see/do in Portugal

Lisbon does it's public new years eve festivities at Terreiro do Paço just downtown. The program starts at 22h00 with music until the fireworks at midnight.

You have the program in www.cm-lisboa.pt/?idc=439 (agenda cultural dezembro 2010) you can download it, at page 103 (but it's in portuguese).

I suppose that Cascais/Estoril will also have their fireworks (last year was a big festivity, with a live concert).

Seinajoki, Finland
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to go from Lisbon to Estoril? +must see/do in Portugal

Great!

It would be nice if there are some fest bit closer Estoril ;)

Seinajoki, Finland
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to go from Lisbon to Estoril? +must see/do in Portugal

"I suppose that Cascais/Estoril will also have their fireworks (last year was a big festivity, with a live concert)."

Hope so :)

it would be nice to find some info but i think that there is some rumors on the air when we get in Estoril :)

Thank again guys =D

7. Re: How to go from Lisbon to Estoril? +must see/do in Portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 16, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Estoril