We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me Choose Estoril Hotel

Galway
Level Contributor
41 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Help me Choose Estoril Hotel

Hello,

My head is wrecked - I've the choice narrowed down to 3

Vila Gale Estoril

Hotel Inglaterra

Saboia Estoril

All are similar price. We are a couple in our early 30s. Can anyone advise which is best?

Thanks

1. Re: Help me Choose Estoril Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:12 am, September 20, 2010
Gloucester
Level Contributor
574 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me Choose Estoril Hotel

The Picau Pau hotel in Estoril is much smaller and gives a very personal service. It is a typicallly Portuguese building and the owners Suan (English) and her Portuguese husband are very helpful with regards to information for getting out and about. It has a lovely pool and garden and a great restaurant with a piri piri chicken take away which is always busy with locals, a good sign. They will arrange for a taxi to collect you from the airport too. See the reviews in the hotel section on here and visit their website. Highly recommended!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me Choose Estoril Hotel

We've stayed at the Vila Gale and the Ingleterra and prefered the Ingleterra.

The pool at teh Vila Gale gets the wind with being 3 floors up so it can be breezy which means not being able to have parasols up if you don't want to sit in the sun. The sunbeds also got taken up quite quickly. It is however closer to the station and I think the bar was a little livlier!

The Ingleterra has a lovely pool area (although the water is freezing!) with free towels and an inside shower/dressing area. It's a bit further up the hill but you'll probably walk that most days to the shop for water etc.

4. Re: Help me Choose Estoril Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:48 am, May 17, 2012