We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront hotels in Cascais

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront hotels in Cascais

Hello,

Does anyone has any hotel recommendation that's a real "beachfront" hotel?

I am planning a trip to Portugal for this May, and I'm thinking of staying in Cascais to take advantage of the beautiful beaches there. However, I can't seem to find any hotels that are really "oceanfront", where you can just walk up to the beach from your hotel. The few hotels facing the ocean that I've looked at, seem to be on the rocky coast, and not a sandy beach. Hotel Baia looks like it's on the beach, but I read that it's for fishermen?

Thank you very much!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beachfront hotels in Cascais

Thank you very much, the sites were very helpful. I think what I saw on Google Maps in front of the Metro station was Conceição beach, and that doesnt look far from Hotel Baia. Thank you for all the help!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,542 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beachfront hotels in Cascais

When I say "far from the sand" I'm referring to the fishermen location not to the hotel. Sorry if I mislead you.

Bedfordhsire UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Beachfront hotels in Cascais

Hotel Baia is directly accross from the beach. If I remember correctly no road to cross either. In May weather permitting there will defintely be sunbathers on that beach, along with Rainha beach a five minute walk away or the long golden stretch along the promenade towards Estoril. Lovely choice of destination.

Ireland
Level Contributor
374 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Beachfront hotels in Cascais

There is a lovely little beach across the road from The Baia have sunbathed there regularly. Theres also a fabulous roof top pool and bar in this hotel where you can sunbathe also.

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Beachfront hotels in Cascais

The Praia dos Pescadores is a sunbather's beach! I took this picture in June 2011.

http://postimage.org/image/4lt9pesw9/

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Beachfront hotels in Cascais

Thank you very much guys for ALL your input!! I just confirmed my booking with Hotel Baia - can't wait!! :D

Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Beachfront hotels in Cascais

There is a busy road outside the Baia hotel, but if you take care when crossing there is a small beach there!

It is called 'fisherman's' beach because there are a few fishing boats moored at the 'mole' to the left. On the right hand side at the end is Cascais Marina

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Beachfront hotels in Cascais

Its not that sort of place. Its a tiny fishing town with 3 very small beaches all within 10 minute walk of every hotel. The beach in front of hotal baia is for watersports. You want the beach to the left of the town for sunbathing

19. Re: Beachfront hotels in Cascais

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 30, 2014