We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Cascais right for us?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Is Cascais right for us?

Hi, we are a young couple (23) looking to travel to Portugal in June. We always go to Lagos and are looking for somewhere different for a change.

Cascais looks great and we would love to travel into Lisbon a couple of times during our two week stay.

I have a couple of questions though, is Cascais suitable for a younger couple? We don't want 18-30s or anywhere remotely like that but we would like somewhere with a good atmosphere and a good choice of bars and restaurants.

Also, I have noticed that the main beaches seem to be outside Cascais. We are not going to drive so will this be a problem or are the beaches within Cascais sufficient?

Any advice would be great

Lisbon
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Cascais right for us?

"When you exit the airport its the middle bus stop and its the blue bus I think its No 91"-WRONG, It's the aerobus number one and you get off at cais do sodré (last stop of the bus).

Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is Cascais right for us?

Hello holidaymakers.........thanks for asking all your questions on Cascais and all those informative answers.

We are thrilled with all the genuine info cos we are thinking of going in July. My hubby will just be off crutches after months post hip ops. We were recommended Cascais by our travel agent so was just doing little research. Going by what everyone on the forums say I think our minds are made up. We will be flying out of Cork Airport . We are thinking of booking a hotel ...will have our two sons with us but they will be happy to entertain themselves they are in their early twenties.

We will be looking for hotel near marina and cafes etc and easy walking on level ground for hubby so that new hotel mentioned sounds promising.

Thanks to all.....I now realise how important is is for all of us to join in these forums and write honest reviews....its fantatic information for everyone.

Thanks....

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is Cascais right for us?

Hotel Baia is in the historical centre of Cascais, right at the small beach of Praia dos Pescadores. Vila Galé and the Pousada de Cascais are also perfectly located.

Baltimore USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is Cascais right for us?

Is Estoril or Cascais better for swimming? and are there places to change by the beach? we're going in September

Ireland
Level Contributor
374 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is Cascais right for us?

Eire 317 We have stayed in Cascais several times and have no problems recommending it as it is a gorgeous place. I would recommend the Baia hotel if your husband is taking it easy after his surgery. It can be lumpy and bumpy as it has cobbles and mosaics but saying that I took my 80 year old mother last year and she wouldnt have great mobility and she had a ball. The baia is right in centre another hotel we stayed in was Grand Real Villa Italia this was a special occassion but it is spectacular.The only thing is its up hill but there is a bus stop just down from hotel which takes you in every 10 mins or so. The Baia is situated right beside restaurants pubs and shops and about a 5 min walk from Marina and 10 min from station this is also for trawnets Lisbon is within easy reach train every 20 mins from Cascais to Lisbon excellent underground lots to see and do in Lisboon.Beachs are great in Cascais and the walk along the promenade from Cascais to Estoril is littered with bars cafes and restaurants all very very reasonable for a meal and a bottle of wine or a beer and superb beaches all along the way. You can also go opposite direction and up to Guincho walk if you like it cycle or bus it is also gorgeous. Big tip if you go to Hotel Baia get a sea view room they all have little balconys great in goof weather. My neighbour stayed in Hotel Cidadela and loved it said rooms were huge hotel also had swimming pool so this could be another option to check out . Hope this is of some help

16. Re: Is Cascais right for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, June 18, 2013