We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cascais or Lisbon in September?

Which Cascais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
125 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Cascais or Lisbon in September?

Hi

We arrive in Portugal on Thursday.

We are spending 3 days in Porto area, then have 5 nights for Lisbon area.

If not too much out of season would like to spend some time on the coast. Not looking for nightlife - but we like boutique hotels etc.

We are wondering if good to base in Cascais (possibly Casa Vela as re previous post) to have some beach time, visit Lisbon and also Sintra...... rather than changing accomodation again.

What do people think - we're not planning to have a car and rail/bus connections look good.?

Many thanks

KMJ

Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cascais or Lisbon in September?

Hello KMJ,

This Thursday?

Great news, weather here is great now !

Cascais is great as base, from here you can go on to Sintra and Lisbon also.

There is almost no nighlife here (good for you). I don't know Casa Vela, but i can recommend this one as they have very good reviews and owners are great: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189154-d177416…

I would recommend on getting a car, though you will have good rail and bus connections, to Lisbon and also to Sintra.

Th

Let me know any further questions so i can help you out

Cheers

2. Re: Cascais or Lisbon in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, October 21, 2012