We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vila Gale

Brussels, Belgium
1 post
Save Topic
Vila Gale

Hi, i am a business traveller and i am flying in from Belgium to Lisbon on monday evening and need to get to Cascais because i am staying at the Hotel Vila Gale. (all other hotels were booked due to a huge medical conference)

I understood the hotel is about 34km from the airport so i was wondering if i take a taxi i should ask for a fixed price or not.

And if not any idea about the rate?

Or maybe there are alternatives...shuttle? renting a car is not an option because another colleague is already doing this.

Thanks for a fast Reply

Wouter Sterckx

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vila Gale

Hi, in fact the hotel is 39 kms from the airport, and the taxi can cost you between 45-50€(depending on the time of the day and day of the week), including luggage and tolls.

If you choose to pick one at the arrivals, before enter the taxi ask if the driver knows the place and how much in total (including luggage and tolls).

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vila Gale

Depending on your arrival hour you can have the aerobus to Cais do Sodré (golisbon.com/transport/airport-shuttle.html) and from there the train to Cascais. Once at Cascais you'll have to take a taxi to your hotel (walking it's 1,5km away, but by car it's more due to the one-way streets). All this may cost you 15 to 20€, but it's much less convenient.

3. Re: Vila Gale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 20, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Cascais
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor